- A coordinated, simultaneous presentation of identical or similar material on numerous blogs for the purpose of engaging large numbers of readers and/or persuading them to adopt a certain position or take a certain action.
- The simultaneous nature of a blog rally can create the result of joining the efforts of otherwise independent bloggers for an agreed-upon purpose.
We believe there is a better way.
This belief is founded in the idea that aligned incentives can be a powerful way to spur innovation and seek breakthrough ideas from the most unlikely sources. Many of the reform ideas being put forward may not include some of the best thinking, the collective experience, and the most meaningful ways to truly implement change. To address this issue, the X PRIZE Foundation, along with WellPoint Inc and WellPoint Foundation as sponsor, has introduced a $10MM prize for health care innovators to implement a new model of health. The focus of the prize is to increase health care value by 50% in a 10,000 person community over a three year period.
The Healthcare X PRIZE team has released an Initial Prize Design and is actively seeking public comment. We are hoping, and encouraging everyone at every opportunity, to engage in this effort to help design a system of care that can produce dramatic breakthroughs at both an individual vitality and community health level.
Here is your opportunity to contribute:
- Download the Initial Prize Design
- Share you comments regarding the prize concept, the measurement framework, and the likelihood of this prize to impact health and health care reform.
- Share the Initial Prize Design document with as many of your health, innovation, design, technology, academic, business, political, and patient friends as you can to provide an opportunity for their participation
Special thanks to Paul Levy for both demonstrating the value of collaborative effort and suggesting we utilize a blog rally for this crowdsourcing effort. Participating bloggers and media include include:
- Bob Coffield, Health Law Blog
- Richard Elmore, Avance Healthcare
- Vijay Goel, MD - Consumer Focused Healthcare
- Vince Kuraitis, eManagement Blog
- Paul Levy, Running a Hospital
- Bertalan Mesko, Science Roll
- Modern Healthcare
- Bill Pomerantz, The Launch Pad
- Amy Tenderich, Diabetes Mine
- Fred Trotter, Open Source Hacktavist
- Matthew Holt, The Healthcare Blog